First Post
Greetings.
I haven't the faintest clue what to write on my first blog post but I think an introduction should be underway. I am Wackywarlock132 and my first foray into RPG's came 10 years ago in 2016. Naturally this would mean that I started with 5th edition, rather dreaded in the OSR sphere but a good entry point for RPGs in my personal opinion.
I suffered with confidence issues and for the first 7 years of my GMing life my campaigns barely lasted 10 sessions. This changed when I volonteered at a Gamestore within my city and began forcing myself to run oneshots since then I have ran many games but these are the ones of note
- A 12 session Dark Heresy Game
- A 20 session Dark Heresy Game
- A 17 session DnD 5e game
- 50+ Oneshots? over the course of 3 years
- Bunch of other stuff that didnt really take off.
You may notice that within this list there is no true OSR game and up until very recently there wasn't what a buisness would call a market for OSR. This changed as I began to become trusted within the community to deliver good sessions of 5e and other RPGs. So on 22/08/2026 I am running, OSRIC and the module shall be stonepick crossing.
So what does this have to do with writing a blog? I see that many giants before me have contributed to the OSR through explaining it's rationale and philosophy of play through blogs so in my time running OSRIC I would like to contribute as well. I'm not really sure what is to say but given my previous experience I believe my thoughts will become more apparent the more I play OSRIC and other OSR systems.
Wackywarlock132! Out!
Comments
Post a Comment